How many bottles should I buy?

I have to go back to work in a couple of weeks, so I'll be pumping milk to send to my baby's daycare. How many bottles should I purchase? Just enough for the day or some extras? I'll still be breastfeeding at home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would buy to last 2 days. Then you always know that you have a clean one. and if you get behind its not that big of a deal. I use about 6-8 a day per baby.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 10:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I sent my baby to daycare at 8 weeks old. I would send 3 bottles to daycare with her. She was there from 7:30-5:30 everyday. Sometimes I would send any extra bottle just in case, but she usually only drank the 3. I also had 5oz in each. Depending on what pump you have, I would have alot of bottles that attach to the pump. I had the Medela Pump-In Style, which I highly recommend. They have bottles that attach to the pump. I think I have 7 or 8 of them. My daughter is now 5 months old and had acid reflux really bad, so I switched to the Playtex drop-in bottles. I just dump the milk from the medela bottle into the drop in. I have 6 playtex bottles. This way I only have to wash them every other day. Let me know if you have any other questions. I've become a bit of a pro at this pumping thing. :)
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Are you using the breastmilk storage bags? If so, you may just want to use those in the Playtex bottles that need the drop ins. Then just the nipple would get dirty, so I'd say you only need 2 or so.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• The playtex drop-ins were great! I would get those & have 3-5 of them just to be safe.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2010