Would you pay this?

Okay....I have tucked away money for me and my kids. I am married. However my DH has always done what was need for his kids. When we were dating he did not help me when I lost my job and I was on unemployment for a month. Now He is not making any money....Because he is being lazy and expects me to pay his alimony and child support. This really upsets me. I paid 7000.00 Saturday to pay off his alimony and now he wants me to catch up his child support which is another $1000. I will be broke. Should I continue to help? or let him get smacked by the courts. He has always been frugal with his money and left me to my own devices but now he expects me to pay this....I am upset! This takes away from my kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, you should'nt do it, its his problem not yours and you cant take from your kids for his debt, I dont think so dont do it!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Feed him to the wolves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• The child support should have come first. Screw paying the wife off...but NO he would need to do what he could to get a job to pay it! Granted you two are married and you share expenses, but if its going to drain you and leave you in a bad spot with your kids, NOPE! Let him explain to the courts why he still has no job and see what happens, then they lock him up he may become more eager to find employment! Meanwhile, if you could make it on your own (obviously he isnt helping you out in the income dept) WHY oh WHY are you dealing with this bum?
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• let him get smacked by the courts
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Why should he have helped you when you were dating and on unemployement for a MONTH? Why are you still hauling that baggage around. Did anybody go without food? Did your lights get turned off? The rules changed when you got married. And he needs to get his stuff together. He needs to call his ex and explain that the 7k is all she is getting until he finds a new job. so don't spend it too fast. Then he needs to get a new job! End of discussion!
    Anonymous

• What? You are married! Your money is his money and vice versa. I think it is crazy when married couples have seperate accounts.
    Anonymous