What can I do when brushing my teeth is making me exteremly nauseous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is it the mint? There are other flavors-the cinnamon is really good. I also suggest trying to breathe through your nose ONLY when you brush. It does help. I had that when pregnant with my dd.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 9:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i know how you feel, I felt the same way the first 12 weeks but then it finally went away..lol it sucks gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• This might sound stupid and probably only works for me, but put on slippers. When my feet were cold I was like 20 times more likely to throw up. Also skip the tooth paste. Go back a brush again in an hour or so if possible. Just get that film off with the brush and water. Good luck, This too shall pass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• spitting more frequently helped me. The more saliva I had in my mouth during brushing, the more likely I was to gag.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• You should try to eat crackers first, then brush them, or go on webmd.com find your answer there....(:
    Dee517

Answer by Dee517 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Maybe just do it at night after you've eaten supper. Avoid it in the morning, when you are more likely to feel ill.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I threw up after brushing my teeth for about three months. It was definitely not fun. I tried switching to cinnamon instead of mint toothpaste. That didn't work. I didn't try no toothpaste, though. I just brushed my teeth before I ate breakfast and then followed with mouthwash.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• OP here- thanks for the answers I think I will try cinnamon toothpaste. It doesn't matter what time of the day it is it makes me feel sooo sick. I hope the flavor change helps!
    Anonymous