PayPal Question regarding refunds...

I was issued a refund to my paypal account. I paid for my purchase using my checking account. The refund shows up in my paypal account, but I didn't know if paypal would automatically return this to my bank account or if I would need to withdraw the money from paypal & transfer it back to my checking account on my own. I sent an email to paypal, but I thought I might get more help (and more quickly) from somewhere here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• The money is kept in your paypal account until you transfer it yourself, or spend it. I am a seller on ebay and have been using paypal for many years.
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• you will have to tell them to transfre it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• you have to transfer it and it can take a while for them to do it. a couple weeks a least i believe.
    Amy_M

Answer by Amy_M at 12:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• You can transfer it to your account that you want.. It says that it could take a few days for it to transfer, but I have seen it w/ in the next day or so.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• You would have to request the transfer. Or if you use it enough to qualify for the PayPal debit card you can request that and use that to have access to your money. I love my paypal debit card, I can use it anywhere to buy or rather than waiting days or a week for a transfer I can use the paypal debit card at an ATM, get money out and deposit it into my bank account myself immediately.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2010