Would you pay your husband's child support for him?

Just wondering if I should, I feel conflicted.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Of course, it isn't the kids fault that he can't pay and if your able to do it you by all means should,,,it wlll keep peace and if the shoe was on the other foot, would you want your children to have to go without? Good luck and thanks for being a good step mommy!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes and i have, when you get married its a package deal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• If he was going to keep him out of jail, of course I would!
    Anonymous

• Yes, he has an obligation to pay the support on his child from the previous partner. And besides if it doesn't get paid it could lead to hardship between him and the child.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:07 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My husband and I don't look at our income as his or mine, it is ours and we pay whatever needs to be paid, whether it's the electric bill or child support. We are partners and that is how we treat our finances also.
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• No, I would not pay for his child support. I hope my kids daddy marry women like these two.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• The only reason why I am asking is because he has always treated his money as his. Never really helped me. There have been times in the past I have asked for help and he has said no because of his obligations to his kids and ex. But now when he needs help he expects me to pay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I agree with others. If you are married than you should do it. Kids need to eat.
    Anonymous

• OP, it looks like he needs to get a second job or ask for more hours at work. He should be able to "provide" for you and at the same time take care of his responsibilities with his kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• You should because, a) it's the right thing to do if you are married and b) you will pay for it sooner or later if it becomes late as they will take your taxes, garnish his wages etc. Better to keep it up to date I believe.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:16 AM on Mar. 2, 2010