is it too early to teach him....

Put his books in his book shelf and his toys in the basket? He is 18 month old. Every time I put his toys in the basket, right a way he goes and dumps them on the floor. Seems like he does not like organizes stuff. What do you think? He is my first baby so I don't know maybe all the kids are that way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Make it a game. That's what I did.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• It sounds like a game for them. But I did have my son helping me pick up his toys at the end of the day and before nap time. And now, he is almost 3 and picks his things up and puts them in their perspective baskets, ie: cars in one, books in one, blocks in one, tools in one etc... It is never too early to start teaching things like this! Good for you! Just don't get frustrated.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes - kids learn the ability to take out before they learn the ability to put in. But by 18 months he should be able to help you clean up when playtime is over.

Answer by missanc at 10:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• It is not too early. We started teaching that before a year - my kids were helping put their toys away before they could walk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• It's not too early. If he can make the mess, he can clean the mess.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2010