I have a question what would u stay married if u had to pay all the bills,because the majority of his money went to child support? He has 5 kids and they will not reduce it. He drives trucks,he has to keep insurance on them He started paying more when he started driving (baby mamas wanted more money).

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 10:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• But you love him conditionally. Don't you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• You shouldn't have said "For Richer or Poorer" if you didn't mean it.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 10:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• That depends on a lot of things, did you know this in the beginning? if so, then yes, it may be becoming too much for you to handle at this point, and it is frustrating to the other person, but if you pull out what you dont know is you will also be responsible for the children as well because you are married to this man, and his debts are your as well because you work as a team, so you may want to give this more thought and make sure he is paying because if not you will in the end, hope this was helpful to, just want to put that out there so you will be on point, and not in the dark....(:
    Dee517

Answer by Dee517 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• The man has an obligation to take care of his kids. If he doesn't argue the amount, then he's got to pay what she wants for his child(children).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• The truth of the matter is....he owes his children. Would I stay married? I would not have married anyone who had 5 children under these circumstances. If I did, because he is a changed man, then I would expect him to financially support all of his children, and be a father to each and every one of them. I wouldn't want a man who tried to get out of his responsibilities to his children.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't have gotten married and had kids with someone with 5 children,,,,,I can't imagine how much money it would take to raise 5 kids!!!!! I guess if the amount is really putting a burden on your family, could you get custody of them>or do any of them want to live with you? If you can afford it I think you should help him support them,,,if not you need to go back to court and see about a reduction,,,but I would be afraid it would start drama! How long have you been married and out of curiousity how much is child support for 5 kids? I hope it works out for you, and if you love him yes you should stay---another thought if you go would there be any child support for you? Good luck and hang in there!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• OP, you have to search DEEP within your heart. I'm just now sending out the very LAST child support payment today after 16 yrs. of being together. My ss turns 19 on the 12th. *CELEBRATE* My dh has been paying, carrying insurance, etc.. for about 18 yrs. I'm not going to lie...it's a very rough road when the X, along w/the system has your hubbys balls continually in a sling...all in the name of the children. lol (if you have the useless, lying, manipulating woman..like we had)

I so understand how you feel...but, it can be done. It will take the both of you......pm me if you need to talk. ;)
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I know it sucks having to ditch out money to another household and yours but hey if he makes good money and is taking care of you too and doesn't give you any shit about anything sitck with him. Getting involved with someone with baggage you can bet there will always be something so if you have no kids with this guy and want to live like this go for it or find someone with no baggage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• That's why I married a man with no previous wife or child!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Didn't you know about his other kids when you married him? If you did you shouldn't be asking this question! Of course he needs to take care of his kids if he didn't that would be a better reason to leave him
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2010