What else can I do??

My son didn't nap at all yesterday and was up til midnight coughing.. he has that tickle cough and it kept him up...I have a humifier, gave him a cold and flu bubble bath ( made by california baby ) I have vicks on his feet and chest, he has his claretin to help the runny nose, itchy throat and watery eyes.. I gave him bolthouse juice which is all vitamins but nothing seems to be helping.. he's almost 2-1/2 but I worry about him not getting the rest he needs to get better.. he won't sit and watch a movie and relax, he has far to much energy to ever do that.. any miracle advice?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ditto on the benadryl. I give my ds 1/2 tsp since we're so limited now what we can give our little guys to dry them up.
    Hylands (the same maker of the teething tablets) makes a great honey based cough syrup. I love it. It doesn't wire kids like the other stuff does.
    Also, you can elevate his mattress with a pillow under the mattress.

In a pinch, if you don't have cough syrup, you can use regular honey. Its soathing and coats.

HTH & hope he feels better tonight so you can all get some rest!
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 2:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Hey girl!
    I gave peyton childrens ibuprofen when he didnt feel good once like that and it knocked him out! Its strong and last up to 8 hrs but that helped him sleep so good to fight off his cold
    Ljensen09

Answer by Ljensen09 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Instead of the Clariton, give him a benedryl. I myself refuse to take clariton because I can't sleep on it or I have such wierd sleep that I don't know if I'm sleeping or not. Benedryl will work better on the allergies & knock him out.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Thank you mommies :) I will go out and get him some benadryl tonight and I love highlands, I didn't see their cough syrup but I have been using this homeopathic one that seems to not do much, maybe I will see if they have a website.. thanks ladies!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2010