Can you be gay or bisexul and a christian??

What do you think? What's your opinion? I'm curious..Because of bigot family members that are here on CM I have to be anonymous..

I'm bisexual, and it has nothing to do with my relationship with God.I have a very strong relationship with him, actually..Me being bisexual has nothing to do with my faith in him.A friend of mine told me you can not be bisexual or gay or christian, but I disagree...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I'm sorry, but no you cannot be. The Bible says so. I have several verses if you'd like me to post them up for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• ...depends upon the "flavor" of christianity...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Well yes.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I think so..But the thing is, just as we are supposed to refrain from heterosexual fornication, we're also supposed to refrain from fleshly impulses to be drawn to the same sex. It's better to NOT be in a relationship and focus on a right relationship with God and God alone.
    Anonymous

• Of course you can, your relationship with GOD is personal and private. It's nobody's business and God loves you regardless of what MAN wrote in a book that has been re-written many times over many centuries.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I don't care what a book says, no one can prevent you from being a Christian. "God" has always been depicted to me as this non-judgmental, all accepting and all loving figure, but yet these hardcore Christians insist that because the bible says you can't be gay or bisexual, you can't practice a faith. I think that's a load of BS, don't care what anyone has to say about it either. If this is so true, "GOD" is one HELL OF A HYPOCRITE.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 11:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• And these people are the reasons I have to be anonymous..Family would disown me if they knew I was bisexual..I'm not even with any women, but with my husband, but because I am attracted to women too my family would disown me..I love god, and the lord too, though, and I'm not going to lie to myself either...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• You can find some references in the old testement condemning homosexual behavior. You can also find some references to putting unruly teens to death, getting people drunk as a way to help them in their sorrows, etc. But we are not talking about rules here. We are talking about being Christian. Following the one who we call Christ. He pretty much took the side of anyone who was marginalized in life, especially through no fault of their own. Jesus condemned nobody....in fact he allowed himself to be hung on a cross rather than condemn his enemies.....I'm pretty sure you can be gay and a Christian....The question I have is if you are a Christian will you follow the example of Christ ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I think that you can be. I am a christian even though I have done and do sometimes do things that are considered sins, so does every other christian Jesus said it himself all sin and fall short of the glory of God. Don't let these hypocrats discourage you for your faith in God!
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2010