not really a question... looking for insight

Just found out I am pregnant ( and at 5 months ) and I haven't told my boyfriend yet... We have a 9 month old son... and I know he is already having trouble with him sometimes... I can't quit work, so he needs to be there but he gets so irritated so quickly, would never hurt a child, but he will break things sometimes to get over his anger... I don't know if he will be able to handle two kids? and now I have to tell him that I am pregnant and already 5 months along... I just hope it works out for the good... wish me luck people... THIS wasn't really a question... but if you do have a great idea to tell him the best way... like in a card, etc... let me know.. thanks:) I am very happy about the pregnancy and the future of having two kids so close... I just hope he is...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They Girlie. I wish you best of luck. My fiance never hits are daughter either but he does throw things quite often so I get feel your pain. I think you should just come out and tell him. Its not like your knew you were pregnant and hiding it from him this whole time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Wow thats kind of scary if hes throwing things expecially for a child to see that. If my husband acted like that then I would make sure he got help for his anger cause I would never trust to leave our children with him. My husband is nothing like that but men cant handle stress like we can so its a good thing that Im the stay at home parent and he works to support us lol. It kind of sounds like he wasnt ready to be a daddy yet, was yalls first baby planned? I would just come out and tell him but be prepared for what ever reaction he might have good or bad. Things also might seem good after you tell him but once baby gets here that might all change because if he cant control his temper around one child think about how two our going to be. Everyone says if you can make it past 2 then you can handle 3 or 4. I myself am about to find out how to take on two but I have a very supportive husband that makes it a million times easier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My husband was the same way, and after we had our daughter he realized he really needed to do something about his anger - for her sake. Neither one of us is a fan of using medication for things like anger, but at the time we didn't really see any other options (that we hadn't already tried!) ...so we gave it a shot. The doctor put him on an anti-anxiety medication - it made it so that he stayed ALOT calmer, no more raging fits of anger and throwing and breaking things. He stopped taking the meds after about 6 months or so...because during the time he was taking them he said he could feel where the source of his anger was, and since he wasn't snapping over the issues, he was able to stop and think about how to handle those feelings in a better way.

You may try mentioning this to your BF, we were at the lowest point of our relationship before he tried this - it honestly probably saved our marraige.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 11:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2010