What do you remember of your stepkids when they were little?

Of course all the fun stuff and family outings but one thing that really stuck in my head was when my ss would come over he would always have long finger nails and dirt underneath I remember cutting them off and cleaning them. I would often wonder if her nails look close to this...I doubt it but damn it sucked for me bc I did it bc he was my son too what could she have been doing that she over looked this as time went on I am sure she said eehh!!! let the step mom do it...idk. eHow can your overlook this? I mean yes we are busy but come on sooner or later you'd have to notice...I did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I remember my stepson crying and pitching the biggest fit everytime he has to go home. He's 8 now and been doing it since I married his dad. It's like he turns back into an infant when we are getting in the car to take him back to his mom. He cries, screams, sometimes throws up because he hates going home. I remember once I met her and he like tied himself in the seat belt so I had to pull him from the car all the while he's screaming and I carried him to her car and she said.. "What the hell is wrong with him?" and it infuriated me because this little boy was so scared of her. My SS begs me everytime he comes to let him stay with us.. We decided we couldn't prove she's unfit but if he's that upset when he has to go home with her that something must be up and we're going to give her one chance to just hand him over and then we're going to take her back to court. My poor little boy.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• "I doubt it but damn it sucked for me bc I did it bc he was my son too" -- uh, no, he's not. You're just the woman that married his dad.

"My poor little boy." He may be a "poor little boy," but he's not yours.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2010