This is for the ladies that would pay there husband child support. At what point would u not pay,if he made a baby while u were still together but was having alot of problems. U broke up for a while and got back together. He loses his job and he got behind,would u still pay? I just wanted to know where would u draw the line.Or is it just u love your husband and u will do whatever it takes to make your marriage work.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 11:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Uh, child support is for your...child. It has nothing to do with whether your husband (Ex if you're paying child support?) has a job or not.

Your question is pretty confusing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• If I felt like he was staying with me cuz I payed child support, that is where I would draw the line. Esp when he is out makin more babies he can't afford. What an idiot. Protection? Prevention? Hello?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• simply, I wouldnt. Its HIS child that HE made, He should have to pay or deal with the consequences. Would he pay your child support if you went off and had a baby with someone else, very doubtable!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Sometimes you don't have a choice. My x's wife pays bc cs takes it out of her income and sends it to me.She's not happy but she knew he had the debt before they married. She also knew he's a bum and won't work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• If he cheated on me to create this child, then I don't think I'd be paying it for him because I don't think I'd be with him any longer. Of course she might get our tax returns that year if we filed together, but that would be the last go around for me. If nothing else, I'd divorce him and stay with him so I wasnt' financially responsible for the child but that'd be pushing it for me, I don't think I could stay in the relationship unless maybe we were split up while that conception was made and it'd be iffy.
    My Aunt paid her ex's cs for a while but after he kept refusing job after job because the pay wasn't good enough etc, she left. The CS was adding up to most of what she was making because he made so much more an hour than she did.
    By law tho, in most states if you marry the man, you're responsible for his debts too.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• If my husband cheated during our marriage and now owes support on his bastard child, I would not pay.
    If we split up temporarily, he got someone else pregnant, and now owes child support, I would not pay.
    If my husband were a lazy sack of crap that REFUSES to work, I would not pay his support.

The only condition under which I would pay his child support is for children from a relationship PRIOR to ours, and he has been out of work (not by choice), underemployed, injured etc. I would not want my children's father going to jail for unpaid support unless he's just a lazy piece of shit that refuses to work, in which case, I probably wouldn't be with him anyway.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't stay with a man who cheated on me while we were married, so it wouldn't even be an issue. I did pay my ex's child support for his son from his previous marriage.

Answer by missanc at 12:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I would NEVER pay a man's child support for him. Married or not. My husband has to pay child support, and HE pays it out of his pay. That is his child and his responsibility. I have my own children and my own responsibilities to carry.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2010