How can i get him to tell me the truth?

I'm a firefighter, not by profession yet, (i mostly volunteer) and i work at a firestation. But none the less, I'm a woman in a male dominated field, my fiance seems to kinda have a problem with that. Idk what it is, is it the fact that i trust my co workers with my life, i have to. Or is it the fact that i work with a bunch of men all day? Everytime i try and talk about it he says its fine with him, that it doesnt bother him. I need him to tell me the truth... I am in training for a slight career change but idk if that will help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I talk to firemen all the time online. They are at the fire station on laptops watching porn or on webcams creating naughty videos. I'm guessing your man knows that and doesn't want you around it. Firemen are nice guys but they are still men who are away from home for a few days and sometimes behave badly. So maybe he trusts you but not the men and what you will be exposed to (no pun intended)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• If he's telling you it's fine with him then maybe you're the one with the problem with it and not him?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• If he says it's fine then maybe you should just drop it. I know it can be hard but if this is the carrer that you love and he loves you then he will adapt.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• You can't make him tell you the truth, but I think you need to try to get him to talk to you more about it. Tell him you know he's said he's fine with it, but it doesn't feel like he really is okay with it to you.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2010