Has anyone had any problems with Mirena as birth control when breast feeding?

I was on the Depo shot with my daughter 4 years ago and I had a lot of problems with it. So I'm looking for a different option this time and this is one my dr really seemed to reccomend instead of the mini pills since you really have to be on top of it with the pills. I was just wanting others opinions on Mirena. Thanks

BlkWingedAngel

Asked by BlkWingedAngel at 11:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Health

• I have it, and have had no problems breastfeeding it didn't affect it at all. When they put it in it really hurts though and youhave some pain during sex for awhile.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I have it and breastfed for 15 months with no problems.. Mine didn't hurt very much when they put it in and was only painful during sex a few times. I did have spotting off and on for the first 4 months and really heavy periods those months. But since then my period are VERY light and I barely notice them. One day a month right before I get my period I turn into a crazy bitch. Which is a new thing, the first two months I didn't realize why it was happening, but now I do and work to be nicer.
    Other than those couple of things I love mine!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Oh yeah I forgot to add you my not get periods at all. I haven't had one for 17 months
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2010