Cleaning baby's toys?

What do you use to clean plastic toys? I hand wash her plushies with Dreft, but I'm not sure what to do about things like her rubber ducky, stacking rings, etc. So far I've just been wiping off the obvious grime with baby wipes, but I feel like they need better cleaning than that!

She's 15 months old, if that makes any difference :)

Asked by StellarJKD at 11:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• One capful of bleach to one gallon of water. Wash them down with that.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Soap and water is a time honnored tradition that still works very well

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I use vinegar mixed with water.

" * 1 Cup Water, 1 Cup Distilled White Vinegar

Mix together equal parts distilled white vinegar and water for a cheap toy cleaning solution. I put it in a spray bottle and just spray a little on a cloth and then wipe down the toys. The vinegar smell goes away completely after it dries and it doesn't leave any residue on the toys. Vinegar is edible...but you can clean with it too! "

Answer by SabrinaLC at 11:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I don't worry about it with a lot of toys, but when something gets grimy, like bath toys, I sometimes run them thru the dishwasher. Otherwise I usually just wipe things as needed, usually with a cloth sprayed with a vinegar and water solution.

Answer by MaryMW at 11:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I use dish soap and hot water.

Answer by Christina807 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• if i washed my kids toys i would use vinegar and water in a spray bottle. if toys get dirty i wipe them with warm water and a cloth. i don't worry about the germs.

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I just wash with soap and hot water along with things like bottles and sippy cups. That's all they need.

Answer by Katt709 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I stick them in the top rack of the dishwasher.

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Dishwasher.

Answer by oliviahank at 9:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2010