Who in the H E double hockey sticks is this guy?

Link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100302/ap_on_bi_ge/us_jobs_bill_impasse

Bunning has been single-handedly blocking the stopgap legislation since Thursday!

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 11:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am outraged about this. Out of all government spending, this is the topic that he chooses to take a stand on! What about all of the money being spent on the war or the money given to bail out wall street or the automakers? No, this senator would rather choose to block a bill that will effect millions of American citizens who are already struggling. There are plenty of ways to save money. How about all of the senators return their government vehicles and buy their own? Or take a pay-cut themselves?

This particular senator has been on the chopping block for years. He has already announced his retirement next year and I honestly think it's his way of "sticking it to" the people one last time before he goes. In 2008 his own non-profit company got in trouble because they kept 75% of their donations and suprise - the salaries went to him and his wife! He is a jerk, and that is putting it nicely and I wish I could kick his A--
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Did a little research... He is retiring. He is tired of the country spending money it doesn't have.... He is right in that we don't have the money. BUT his way of going about this is is wrong. There's no easy way to handle the unemployment benefits of this nation. But these entitlements ARE adding up and we, as a nation cannot afford it much longer... We need REAL jobs... Not special project funding like the stimulus and its' $50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts, etc.... The stimulus was false hope. ANd since there was no REAL change, states like MI are hurting... The democrats, when implementing the stimulus failed to consider the bulk of Americans who need REAL jobs and not special interest funding...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Times are going to get ugly.  o.0

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I agree that we need to spend less on WAR.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I realize it is my own fault for my financial downfall. I would LOVE to be back to work, I WANT to work, I NEED to work. If I do not receive my unemployment, I'm not sure how I will feed my family and dog and cats. I can't take the pets to the animal shelter because they are full, My dog is my family we have had her for 10 years. My family cannot find jobs, not even McDonald's will hire. I guess we will have to start shutting down the Internet, cell phones and cable and satellite TV, maybe that will send a message and more people will be out of work. What then? This whole thing makes me sick. While greedy Washington is fat on cakes, cars and whine.

I get it America is out of money, this is one of our biggest complaints on here about excessive government spending. Why the attack on the Unemployed American worker? Why not cut the Air Force One trips to pizza hut? for example.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• The politicians should be having to cut back instead.This will only cause frustration and anger and possibly violence from some.If there have been so many jobs created as they have claimed then there would not be a need to keep extending UI benifits.Another question is why is Rand Paul supporting Bunning on this?
    Anonymous

• Who is Rand Paul? Anything to do with Ron Paul?
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I get it America is out of money, this is one of our biggest complaints on here about excessive government spending. Why the attack on the Unemployed American worker? Why not cut the Air Force One trips to pizza hut? for example.

There are sooo many cuts the Federal Government and States could be making right now.... But they don't.. Instead they protect their wasteful spending, no matter the party~ and expect the American People to make the sacrifices. For instance~They could have used Stimulus to give a corporate tax holiday/cuts for companies to grow business in America. They could have created incentive deals for business growth... What did they do with the stimulus? Among other things, many of which are Temp Const. Jobs ~ They also spent $300+++ million on sex studies, including the sex lives of female college freshmen and to hand out condoms, among other $$$$$ waste...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I feel like revolting.....peacefuly.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes he is Ron Pauls son and is running for U.S. from KY
    Anonymous