Did you stop smoking as soon as you THOUGHT you were pregnant, or did you wait until you knew for sure?

IF you never smoked a day in your life, this question is NOT for you, so please...keep moving and don't be preachy. We already know it's bad for us and bad for the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Health

• I stopped before I even got pregnant. When hubby and I were dating and things got serious. I know I wanted to stop before I ever got pregnant. I knew it was the best time. It also made it easier to stop for me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I never stopped when I was pregnant with either but I cut down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• With the first 2 I stopped as soon as I suspected. With the 3rd I was in denial, so it took me about 2 wks after finding out. But I only smoke about 5 or 6 a day so its not like I was chain smoking or smoking a ton a day! Good luck!
    Mommah3

Answer by Mommah3 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I never stopped with either of my kids either. My first I cut down....I smoked like 3 butts a day (Because I was under 18 and thats all baby's daddy would give me) and with the second I smoked half a pack to a pack a day...and my second baby even weighed more than my first lol. they were bother perfectly healthy. First one weighed 7lbs 4oz and baby #2 weighed 8lbs 7.3 oz.
    Anonymous

• My pregnancy was confirmed at 5 weeks and by 7 weeks I had quit cold turkey.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I quit before I got married because I knew that we wanted to have a baby right away and I had a friend that was pregnant and watching her struggle to not smoke for her baby and how hard it was for her, I didn't want to have to go through that. And I had such a hard time quiting that once I got there, I haven't gone back.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2010