Extra costs on cruise ships?

I read that some of the restaurants are not included in the cost, so i was wondering if you get some credit towards them. On one of the royal carribean cruises they have a jonny rockets and i'm super excited about it. However it seems silly to spend alot on it if i can eat for free somewhere else on the ship.

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Travel

• If you go on a cruise, make sure to get an "all inclusive" cruise. That means 99% if not 100% of everything on the cruise ship is FREE. I think they charge for alcohol though....
    Anonymous

• There are charges for alcohol, tips (which is pretty high - they leave you a notice of what they will be charging on your ship's credit), shore excursions, gambling, etc. The ship I went on was all inclusive, so every restaurant/lounge was included in the price of the cruise, except for the things listed above.

Answer by missanc at 12:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes, the spas, specialty restaurants etc are a charged "event".. Those are not included in your cruise price. But yeah, I agree with you. I am leaving the 29th for my cruise and we might go to one of the restaurants but chances are we will just eat the "free" stuff. Soda's and alcohol are charged purchases also.. Tipping is also not included in your cruise price.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i went on a cruise once, had the whole package deal, and ended up having to pay for dinners, and drinks. out of my own pocket i ended up spending a little over $600.00
    Anonymous

• Not included will be photos, tips (look at the cruise line's website to find out how much), drinks, excursions, spa services, some exercise classes, bingo and gambling. Depending on the ship you are on some restaurants will have an upcharge such as Johnny Rockets, Chops and Portofino.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 8:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I think johnny Rockets is about 5$ pp extra and milkshakes are on top of that.
    check out www.cruisecritic.com for a TON of info. we are booked at Easter for our sixth cruise.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2010