Do you get sea sick on a big cruise liner?

We're deciding on going on a cruise, but can you get sea sick? I don't want to pay all that money and then be sick the whole time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OH YES!! MY DH spent most of the Cruise in the bed with his Dramamin - FUn!
    I only get sick whenthe water is rough. Doesn't matter how big the ship is, it is still a boat in the water!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes, you can get sea sick on a cruise. I've been on 2 cruises and have never gotten sick, but I'm also not prone to motion sickness in general. After the first day, you really don't notice the ship moving unless you're in rough waters. If you get carsick easily or get sick from amusement park rides, then you will probably get seasick.
    Anonymous

• yeah, i felt sick ALOT...umm, invest in non-drowsy dramamine, and take it the day of, like as soon as you wake up...we did the patches behind our ear, and it DID NOT work...and be very careful about ports of call, when you get off the boat..when i got back on, it made me more sick than what is was feeling. good luck..i had fun other than sickness on our cruise.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 12:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2010