Brothers and sisters sleeping together?

My ex is allowing my 8 year old daughter to sleep with my 12 1/2 year old autistic son in a twin bed at his house. My 12 1/2 year old is hitting puberty HARD and has been talking about "spanking (his sister's) bare bottom under the covers at dad's house" I am extremely concerned. Would you be?
Their dad thinks there is nothing wrong with them sleeping in the same bed and refuses to believe there is anything going on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• OP here - Thanks for the quick answers. My son had been making comments for the past couple of weeks, but I just found out Sun night that they were sharing a bed on occasion. I already called cps, and they are at my house for the next 2 weeks, I was just wondering if I was overreacting. I'm sure my ex will deny it - I hope the kids will just tell the cps worker what they told me!
    Anonymous

• i do not aggree boys sleeping with girls. not even if they are brothers and sisters, i dont even think boys and girls should share a room.
    Anonymous

• what your son is saying is weird and the fact that your ex doesnt think thats weird is WEIRD
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• In that situation oh yeah something needs to be done.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I don't think it's right for them to be sharing the same bed at that age. My kids are 4 and 5 years old (I have a boy and a girl) and I don't even like them sharing the same room but I have no choice right now because of my living arrangements. SOmething needs to be said and done to get this taken care of. If he's making comments like that who knows what might be going on. I hope you get this taken care of.
    Anonymous

• It is actually illegal. Look it up.
    Anonymous

• That is enough for cps to take the children out of his home. You need to do something immediately, do not let that happen even one more time.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 12:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I assume that these are visitations? I would call CPS if he did not come up with another arrangement. Let them know that you are concerned for your child's safety, he is not complying, and you are required to send your children there. He should be concerned for her and he isn't.
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 12:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Oops, lol. Good for you for calling.
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 12:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I find this very inappropriate. If I were you I would talk to someone about what you can do. If your son/daughter says something to a teacher or a doctor and says that you know you can lose your kids if you haven't tried to do anything about it. Your ex should know that this is not appropriate behaviour and the fact that he doesn't care if disturbing.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2010