Is your child considered obese?

We hear about the obesity epidemic all the time, but it seems like everyone on here has normal or skinny kids. Where are all the parents who overfeed their kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i know little parents who feed there childrren anything they want. i simply do not stay aquainted with them.
    Anonymous

• obesity is a symptom of a larger problem. children eat because there are underlying problems....
    I think your ignorant for thinking people "overfeed" thier children....Like they force feed them or something.
    Anonymous

• My son is in the healthy weight range. I know my nephew is bigger. He is 8 months old and coming up to 40 pounds. My sister whines about how heavy he is but then when you look at his diet of donuts, soda, a bunch of other crap, you see why he weighs so much. She is always trying to tell me how to raise my son and I know I give her the craziest looks.
    Anonymous

• My sister's stepson is morbidly obese at 13. He probably weighs about 300 lbs. His mom is ghetto, has no education, has never taken him to the dentist, etc. He was supposed to participate in a special program at a prestigious hospital but she was too busy to take him. He is totally a product of her ignorance.
    Anonymous

• My son is a little underweight. He eats a ton, just is active and eats healthy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i am morbidly obese. my kids both have BMI's of 16, which is lovely for a 5 and 3.5 yr old. They are overfed, but only on healthy things like carrot coins & raw unsalted nuts. They've only ever set foot in McDonalds once and take 2 extra curricular activities at all times to ensure exercise is not only fun but a necessary requirement of daily living. I was told that at this point they're pretty much set and being obese will not be in their cards. I am more thankful than I could ever express. Life would be easier opening up a Lunchable or popping into chuck e cheese for dinner but it's not what I'd ever want for my babies.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• why am I the only non anon person posting.... good lord....
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• all 3 of my kids are on the smaller side. my almost 6 year old is right at the 10% for her age, and my 4 year old DS is just below that. my 1 year old is in the 15%.

i dont know where they get the statistics from.....because i agree, it seems like everyone on here has pretty average kids. maybe i am missing something, though. IDK
    Anonymous

• Yes, he is 12 years old, 5 feet tall and weight 100 pounds. e has low muscle tone so he does not have tight and toned muscles. The doctor want s him to weigh 60 pounds, but how many five feet tall people weigh 60 pounds? My 10 year old is 4, 9 and weighs 106 pounds but has toned, tight muscles. The doctor says he is not over weight.

They both eat a diet full of fresh fruits and veggies with some pastas and bread.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• The school keeps sending something home that my dd is overweight, but when we follow up with the doctor, they say she's not. She doesn't look fat, so whatever.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2010