Craving

Right now Im having a major craving for mac n cheese and snickers. I dont want to cave today because yesterday I gave into my craving and binged on candy. There was a snickers bar I didnt eat, so I put it in my freezer so I couldnt eat it when I wanted to.
Somebody give me words of wisdom, courage, encouragement, or something, to help keep my mind off of it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Ok, um........ You can do it! What would it feel like to give in? Would you really be getting what you want? Do you really want sugar and empty calories? I like this quote, "nothing tastes as good as it feels to be skinny"
    Goood luck.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.
    believe me i know.
    im eating manderin oranges right. you think thats what i really want to eat?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Eat some fruit instead and wait 2o minutes.......
    Play some music and dance to distract your mind......

Dont let it win!!!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes you can do it, you don't need that candy! Fruit is great when you're craving sweets. Here's a tip, toss the snickers in the trash! If it's not there then you can't eat it :) I can't have the stuff in the house because it's like I just can't resist, so I just don't have it in the house anymore.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 4:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• First, ask yourself what will really be accomplished by giving into cravings.

Second, distract yourself when these cravings arrive. Busy yourself. Read. Go on a walk. Get started on that project around the house. Scrapbook.

Third, realize that cravings, like any habit, can be changed with perseverance. Learn to enjoy healthy foods. Appreciate a sweet apple, or celery with peanut butter and raisins (my favorite!), a yogurt, a piece of whole grain toast. If you don't think you like healthy snacks, you can and will learn to like them.

Fourth, exercise portion control. There's nothing wrong with eating mac and cheese--once in awhile, and in moderate portions. Split a box with one or two other people and make a side dish of steamed veggies. Split a snickers bar with your child. You do not need to eat the entire thing to satisfy the craving.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 8:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2010