Milk for a alomost 11 month old...

So I just talked to my hubby my son will be 11 months in a week and he gets formula 2 times a day but my FIL got my son a little thing of chocolate soy mike and he drank it. I said I think they are not suppose to have any milk but formula until they are one but maybe it's not a big deal ?? Is it?

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 1:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i switched my son to whole milk at 11 mts.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• he was breastfeed till 11 mts
    piwife

• It should not REPLACE formula, which (I'm not entirely sure, since I did not FF) I believe he should be taking a little more then just 2 servings of. I think at this age, it is OK to introduce a little bit, if you want, but you certainly don't HAVE to.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Milk (and soy) are allergy trigger foods and should not be introduced before age one. Chocolate is also an allergy trigger food, and should not be introduced before age two.
    Cow milk is for baby cows, and humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. While cow mild is rich in protein, the kind of protein that is contains is casein, while human milk protein is lactalbumin, with is easily digestible; more the 50% of casein isn’t digested and can cause health problems later in life, like food allergies. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    You child should start drinking water.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2010