How can you keep a lage amount of stuffed animals and toys with out going crazy?

Our daughter is 12 she is still attached to alot of her stuffed animals. I threw some away a year ago and she is still upset about it. She can remeber who bought eachone and how she played with it ect. How can I keep them and not go crazy? I have a cluttered mind so I have to have an uncluttered environment to fuction mentally. Pleas give me ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My13 yr. old ds has a hundred and we put them up on the shelves in the closet.The other day he said he was going to donate some to kids in Haiti so we are going thru them although he is still a bit attached to quite a few.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Just throw them out and tell people to quit giving them to her or tell her that you have something new for her (bike, video game, or whatever) but she has to get rid of 5 animals to earn it. Or throw them away as punishments.

I hate clutter crap... things that serve no function don't have a place in my home.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Stuffed animal "bean bag" chairs! This site has like 3-4 differant styles

http://www.booninc.com/selector.php
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I like the donation idea! I'm a fan of function. Find a chest or bench with an inside compartment, or huge basket maybe, to put them in. Tell her she can have x out at a time on rotation if she likes to have them visible.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I have a daughter that is the same way. She knows where and who the stuffed animals came from. I have talked to her about this and said we are running out of room. We now have a tote in the basement and we keep some animals in that tote to cut down on clutter. She knows where the tote is and is okay with this idea. I have also said we are cutting back on buying more stuffed animals. If she wants the animal she will have to buy it with her allowance....only after she has saved for it. As time goes by she has been less interested and is focusing on other things. Don't just throw it away. How would you feel if someone just threw away your stuff? Give your child the opportunity to sit and talk with you and to make decisions with you. Later on you may find your daughter coming to you to "TALK" and your heart will just sing. Try to keep communication lines open because as they get older there are scary things out there.
    mamamar26

Answer by mamamar26 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• there are some pretty neet mesh nets that you can hang from your ceiling or corners of the room where you can stuff a bunch of them.....you can get shelves and place them there, or what my parents used to do was to tie clear string around the animal and hang them up on my walls......it looked pretty cool when I was a little girl so she may like that.....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• We got our son one of those "chain" things on Amazon. I love it! They're all right there, and not on the floor! Type it "stuffed animal chain."
    Anonymous

• We have a "pet net" that hangs in the corner of her room for them all. I wish they would all go away!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• There is time enough to get rid of things when your children are out of the house. Unless they are completely taking over the room, on the floor, dirty, or spilling out into other areas of the house....let it go for a while. She's only 12. She's going to be attached to ALL her animals for a year or so, BUT there is light at the end of the tunnel. Around 14/15, you can get her to start weeding through them and pick out a select 5 or 6 special ones. But for cripes sake, let her keep her childhood and don't rush her to get rid of things as long as she keeps them picked up off the floor and they are clean.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Gee mom I hope you find a way to work with her on this. I still have over a hundred stuffed animals from my own childhood and pick up a few more each year. I have no idea how many my son has. They aren't just clutter to some people, but rather very special.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2010