Seems like I have been lied to

I am exclusively breastfeeding and around the clock with a very needy baby might I add and I have got my period back starting at 5 months pp. This is the second month that I am bleeding and it came back exactly 28 days from my last cycle so it looks like its back every month for good. I hate liars.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Health

• Who lied to you? Periods do come back.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Lets see. La leche league. Kellymom. These websites say if you ebf and do not use bottles or schedule feedings or have a baby that night nurses then menstruation should not return. Well I do all of this and have a baby who still wakes me 2-3 times a night to nurse so its not due to him sleeping through the night yet. My supply also drops severely when my period starts and this is just no good because I start work up next week and have been pumping to store milk in advance. The la leche freaks make it seem like if you are breastfeeding "right" than you should not get a period when this is not true.
    Anonymous

• Who lied to you? Yes periods do come back and they come back differently for everyone. Some can exclusive breast feed and never get a period till they are do. Some can get it a month after they have baby.

Anonymous

• key words....Should not
    but they did for me too
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My mother seems to be on my case about it to putting into my head that I might have some medical problem because its unheard of. Shes always a dramatic bitch.
    Anonymous

• Who lied to you? I was never told I wouldn't get a period by exclusive breast feeding. I was told some women don't get their period when exclusively breastfeeding.

They didn't return with my first child, and I ended up pregnant again before it could.
    With my second child my period returned about 5 months.
    With my third child my period returned about 3 months.
    Anonymous

• First off the key words there are should not or usually do not return for 6 months or longer. Not every one gets lactation amenorhea and every one is different on how long it lasts. My cousin only got about 3-4 months with all 4 of her kids and she never gave a binkie, nursed on demand, and co slept. I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get a period back until about 15 months with both mine (they were both still nursing then too.)
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Wow - mine slept through the night (8 plus hours) at 2 months, I scheduled feedings and I still didn't get mine back until 9-11 months after I had my kids!

Answer by missanc at 3:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I have shit luck that's all I can say I guess i need to breastfeed triplets to prevent this next time lol.
    Anonymous