What do you think of THIS on our college campuses?

Texas College Campus Divided Over Bible for Porn Campaign

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

A Texas college campus is locked in a fierce debate after a group of students launched the "smut for smut" campaign, trading bibles and other religious texts for porn, MyFoxSanAntonio.com reported.

Atheist students at the University of Texas at San Antonio announced that any student over the age of 18 will receive pornographic materials if they trade in religious materials, according to MyFoxSanAntonio.com.

Leaders of this atheist campaign allege that porn is no worse than what's written in religious texts.

A university spokesman says that this controversial cause is completely legal, though he admits a majority of the students on campus do not agree with it, according to MyFoxSanAntonio.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587737,00.html

As disgusting as it is, it is legal. Whatever happened to toleranc

29again

Asked by 29again at 1:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Are colleges supposed to be Christian? did I miss something? these people are trying to shock you and it's working. I am a Christian, but I also live in America where I have the right to ignore things that offend me and they are allowed to offend me. Have you ever been to college? There is much worse going on...
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 4:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• In a world where smut rules the day and those who revere Gods word are looked down upon what do you expect?
    Anonymous

• Whatever happened to tolerance

Good question - where's yours?
    Anonymous

• too each their own. No body would be upset if it were the reverse, porn for bibles. Everyone is entitled to express themselves and views how they wish as long it's in a peaceful way. their porn isn't hurting anyone. they aren't forcing it on anyone. let it go and they will fade. They're getting their ten minutes and soon it will be over.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• They can get in big trouble if they distribute porn to a minor. I know I went to college before I turned 18, and I had a 15 year old in one of my classes.

Not to mention programs where high school and Jr. High kids will take a college class at the same time as their normal schooling.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately..doesnt shock me............
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• It is all about the freedom of speech here, whether you agree or not it doesn't matter, they are excercising their right to free speech, this is what this country is all about.

Answer by older at 2:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Since when did tolerance have to extend to pornography?

I will totally put up with it being legal for the sake of the whole 1st amendment thing, but I see no need to embrace it, or feel "all cool" about it.

Anonymous

• Colleges are going donwhill fast. UCSD has racial tensions up the wazoo because of their compton cook out, and this college is causing its own issues. But remember these kids are our future! Doesnt that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

Answer by gemgem at 2:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• While it may be legal, it is clearly an attack on CHRISTIANS. I wonder what the talk/consequences would be if this were porn for a Quran exchange?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2010