Pre made or make it yourself protein shakes?

I have heard that you can buy shakes at GNC buy I have been making mine with a protein powder that I got at wal-mart and I add yogurt, blueberries & strawberries. Which is better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I use a protein powder too, I think that is definitely the way to go, so much cheaper and more versatile, you can make shakes, smoothies, etc. and add whatever you like.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i use a premade powered shake.. i love it so i dunno how i could change but i like it so i dont mind the price
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• For protein shakes I use Beachbody's whey protein powder and add fruit to it, and I also use Shakeology (it's a powder as well) as a meal replacement shake. I add things to that too. I like being able to customize things lol.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 6:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• It's usually more cost-effective to make your own. I buy protein powder from GNC and make shakes with soymilk or water, ice, and sometimes add frozen fruit or yogurt.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 7:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I use the Isagenix shakes. They are formulated by the same person who once formulated GNC's shakes - and have all the nutrients your body needs. If you want more info let me know.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 9:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I use the GNC whey protein powder, I prefer to make my own that way I know what is going into it and I can make it differently every time.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I also use Beachbody's Shakeology. There are two flavors, Greenberry and Chocolate and the website has a lot of different recipes for each flavor so you have some great suggestions on variety. It's full of antioxidants and a really healthy shake. I mix my powder with 1/2 water and 1/2 soy milk.

My Favorite is Greenberry. I add frozen blueberries 1/2 vanilla soy milk & 1/2 water. YUM!

Shakeology comes in a 30 day supply, or you can get 24 single serve packets (great when you are on the go)
    Beachbody has a whey poweder also, but I like the Shakeology!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 9:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I add the protein whey powder to my slimfast shakes. Adds extra protein. I especially drink this after weight training.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 4:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2010