How long were you on progesterone to prevent miscarriage?

I am taking prometrium but the dr said I could stop now and I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow. I am scared to stop taking it. I had a miscarriage 7 months ago and when I got pregnant this time my progesterone levels were low. How long did your dr have you take it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I took it until 14 weeks then stopped. I was scared to go off of it too considering I had just had my second miscarriage in 7 months. My doctor had consulted with a fertility specialist and he recommended the dosage and the amount of time I was to take it and he and my doctor assured me that by that time the placenta takes over and you no longer need to supplement. I did not rest easy until my 20 week ultrasound where I could see for myself that baby was fine! I hope this helps and good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I took it during the 1st trimester.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• through my first trimester
    AllyBM

Answer by AllyBM at 2:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• after doing ivf, they had us do injections up until i wanna say 3 months. sounds right. they know what they are doing. i freaked out for a bout a week until the did bloodwork and told me everything was fine. dont stress.....easy to say, but hang in there!!
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 2:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• thru first trimester
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• 16 weeks
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I did the progesterone suppositories (sp?) for 6 weeks in my first trimester. I started the weekly progesterone injections when I was 19 weeks pregnant and am 32 weeks now. I have two more injections (have to take them through 34 weeks.) Good luck.
    MommaRikard

Answer by MommaRikard at 6:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2010