How can i lower my 2 month old sons fever

he just got his 2 months check up and shots yesterday and he got a fever later i took him to the ER and tehy said it was normal for him to get this and this i already knew it just seemed high since it was at 100.3 and today he seems more active still sleeping alot i feed him and give him some water and trying to keep him cool with less clothing but he still feels very warm to me and today its at 100.0 so should i give him tylonel? he has a 10% chance of having a alergic reaction because im allergic to it but should i take the risk so his fever can come down or should i try something else?

littlepixie

Asked by littlepixie at 2:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Health

• 100 degrees won't do any damage,just keep an eye on it and keep up with what you've been doing.Next time,give him tylenol before he gets the shots.That worked for us.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My doc says not to treat anything unless it is over 101 in that age so right now nothing. Fever is very normal after vaccinations also and many docs suggest giving Tylenol BEFORE they get the shots.
    Anonymous

• If your baby seems uncomfortable call the doctor and ask what you should do. 100 is not a high fever. I don't even give meds until 102 or if they ask (but my kids are older.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• That isn't enough fever to be conerned about. My DD just had her 2 month shots last week. Dress him the way you're dressed. It's winter time...even with a fever if you dress him to light it will cause a chill and his body temp will go up in order to protect itself.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2010