MIL drama-rama

today i made cupcakes with my son. i baked them and put the icing on them and let him put sprinkles on top. my son and his friend, who are both two each had a cupcake and then played...and then went back into the kitchen and asked "more please." since they used words to ask and said please i thought, what the hell, and gave them a second cupcake each. its a special day and i'm usually pretty good with nutrition. the other kids mom didn't have a problem with, she had the same feeling as me. anyway, so my kitchen is a mess, i'm laying on the floor with the kids, rolling around having a tickle fight, watching finding nemo when my MIL comes over. she looks at my kitchen and chocolate covered kids and sees that there are 6 cupcakes missing and goes, 'i hope you ate the other 4...' and i was like, what? no, they had two...so then she says, i wouldn't let you watch MY kid and starts to clean my kitchen while shaking her head. WHAT?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hmmmmm
    Anonymous

• Who the hell invited her over? like really....I would have seriously been like "you need to leave"....
    Anonymous

• My MIL is the same way. I can't stand her. Who cares if your kid had two cupcakes. As long as its not an every day thing there's nothing wrong with it. I wish you watched my kid because it sounds like he'd have fun! And at least she cleaned your kitchen!
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 2:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• she just shows up. usually i dont mind because i'm really laid back.
    Anonymous

• I would have said, "no one asked you and you can go back to your house until you can behave like an adult in my house."
    Anonymous

• she started to clean your kitchen, good you should have let her!!! while you continued play with the kids. If this is the worst it's been between you and mil, let it go.

BUT aside from that, how'd she get into your house?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i mean, i try to be respectful because she's my husband's mother and i know she doesn't approve of me being so "free-spirited" as she pus it but jesus christ, i gave them cupcakes not heroin!
    Anonymous

• oh, she knocked on the door and i answered, lol. she doesn't have a key, thank god, or else she'd find some really odd things. like, my son running around naked after the bath. who cares if he does it in his own room?!
    Anonymous

• 1st. I keep annoyed if mil just showed up. 2nd if she said that to me I'd tell her where to shove it and 3rd if she'd walk into my kitchen and start to clean it I'd tell her to back off and go home!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• SabrenaLeigh, I would NEVER turn down free cleaning, especially after baking with a toddler!!! LOL. But you're right, anon, you should have told her to go home! Or you should have told her to start on the bathroom next!!!
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 2:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2010