What plants make for the best house plants?

I always have peace lilies because they're so easy to care for. I'd like to add some color. I'm also open to trees...pretty much anything that isn't too difficult to care for.

Farrahann

Asked by Farrahann at 2:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• if your like my mom fake ones lol but im not to sure on living plants!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Golden pothos vine is super easy. Since you like trees, you can use this vine with a topiary....very nice.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• House bamboo also.
    3gigglemonsters

• Thanks ..gonna google it. Mother 18, I do like fake ones, but the ones I like cost way too much.`
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• MOTHER IN LAWS TOUNGES AND AND IVORY VINE....ARE GREAT FOR INDOORS!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Hey , Thanks for the suggestions. So I went to the library and found a great book, " How to grow fresh air, by Dr. B.C.Wolverton". It list the 50 best house plants for removing toxins and converting oxygen, as well as ease of care and resiliency to pest and disease. It rates them with best first. Golden Pothos and Mother in-laws tongue are in the best rated. Dumb Cane (Dieffenbachia"exotica compacta", is beautiful and easy. Also the weeping fig tree just has this soothing look and the book suggest planting golden pothos at the base of the pot for a dramatic look. I love this book, its so direct and helpful, I'd thought I'd share:)

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2010