Scarlet fever....tummy hurting

My child went to the doc on yesterday she has strap throat and scarlet fever...now she is crying with her side and stomach hurting her i don't know if to take her back to the doc. or just take her to E.R. i told the doc yesterday her tummy was hurting but he didn't say anything about it but push her tummy a little she said she can breath good but it hurts she is 4 years old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Health

• Go to the ER. Scarlet fever killed my dad's mother when she was in her early 20's. Granted health care has come a long way since then, but scarlet fever is very serious, especially in a child as young as 4.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My son was just diagnosed with strep on Sun. (had to take him to the er as he had a seizure) and his tummy hurt a lot. My DD also vomits when she has strep. It could be the strep or it could be the antibiotics - some of them can upset the stomach. Call the doc to get a guideline - like if it still hurts tomorrow take her in, etc. Hope she feels better soon!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Which side is hurting?
    Anonymous

• You need to take her in. The complications of Scarlet fever are serious.
    Anonymous

• her left side is hurting her
    Anonymous

• my grandma had scarlet fever as a kid.... she has a bad heart. and just had 2 strokes
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• scarlet fever is part of the strep infection and with antibiotics it can be cured and dealt with before any worse happens
    sweetjessa

Answer by sweetjessa at 7:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010