I think that if people don't like to see mothers breastfeeding in public...

they sould require stores and resurants to have breastfeeding rooms. Just a clean room with a few comfortable jars or something. What do you think ???
I am in no way oppose to people breastfeeding in public but I am a little modest about it and would prefer to have a comfortable place to nurse my child with some privacy anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think having a "rest room" before you get into the bathroom is always a good idea, for people with disabilities, for children who need to sit and wait on a parent for whatever. Like having a nice couch set then a door for the entry of the bathroom. JCPenney's bathroom is like this! And its GREAT! makes soo much sense. I also think placed need to make family bathrooms a reuqirement! Even if its just one stall, or one big bathroom. Having a place that daddy can take daughter mother can take son...whatever the case..would be PHENOMINAL! Atleast in places you go planning to spend a reasonable amount of time. like sit down restaraunts, or malls. I know that wouldnt make sense in MCdonalds or anything!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I think that if people don't like to see mothers breastfeeding in public...they should put a blanket over their own damn heads.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• " a few comfortable jars?" lol
    Anonymous

• But if I'm in a restaurant, I don't want to have to walk off and leave my food to get cold and abandon the rest of my family. Besides, what if you were the only adult present with nothing but children? You should be able to continue eating your meal and breastfeeding your child. If anyone else has a problem with that, well, it's THEIR problem.
    Anonymous

• That is a good idea. As for those who think people need to get over seeing that in public, why would you want to do that in the middle of a mall or restaurant anyway? Do you like to put on shows? It kind of sounds like it's about you more than about feeding your baby.
    Anonymous

• Jars for what??? LOL! Maybe... and for anon :18 wouldn't you want to feed your child when they're hungry? Yes I loved putting on shows for all the people oohhh a mom breastfeeding her baby! Scandalous!

Anonymous

• I brf three kids. One time I did it on a toilet in the tiny rest room in a restaurant at Fanueil Market. I just kept telling women knocking hurry up that I wasn't feeling good. That was only because my fil was there and he was easily embarrassed by the thought of brf much less seeing it. I didn't care about the rest of the people at our gathering, just my fil's comfort.

I don't think what you're suggesting has a chance in hell of happening. To many bathrooms are already too small and can't take away from handicap stalls. Just get a long wide shawl and put velcro on it in several places to leave it draped over mom and boob, wearing a pullover shirt too at least covers the top of a boob that shows.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• OP
    sorry I ment to say chairs lol I don't know why I wrote jars.
    Anonymous

• OP

I don't think this would actualy happen I just thought it would be nice. I have bfed my dd in public before but it's not an issue for me anymore because my dd is 18months now and only nurses once or twice a day anyway.
    Anonymous

• A lot of places do have 'mother's rooms' for nursing. A mall in Columbus, Oh even has a 'resting room' with glider chairs and very nice changing stations. I also have no problem with mothers breast feeding in public, as I did. However, I also think it is appropriate for them to put a wrap or a blanket over themselves. It isn't about 'rights' or being natural or whatever else... but men are visual people. It can be a stumbling block for some men.

Think about it this way... would YOU want YOUR husband to walk up on a woman breast feeding? Not just feeding, but what if she were switching sides, or adjusting, or the baby jostled and she was fully exposed? I certainly don't want my husband seeing another woman naked, nor does he wish to. But for some men it can be a stumbling block. We should make life easier for everyone... just throw a receiving blanket over your chest... it's not that difficult.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2010