Racism Taking Ove Y! Answers!!

*Didnt know what to classify this under* I was on Yahoo Answers just browsing the questions and I went to the cultural section. There was SO much-I mean SOO much racism on there it was unbelievable! I haven't seen so much hate in one place ever in my life! I'm still shocked. I HAD to leave. I decided I'm going to stick to CM for all of my Q and A. Omg. I'm just so taken aback. I know racism exists but the things people were saying. This isn't a question..but I had to let people know. I'm going to stop talking about it now because its literally going to make me cry. Oh my gosh. :-( --*my kids will NEVER be brought up that way*

ofcourseithurts

Asked by ofcourseithurts at 3:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My son and I= NOT in any way racist. My family and friends=CRAZY racist. I am white and find it uncomfortable. I see and hear it all the time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• It shows up on You Tube comments, too. Usually it's kids, you can tell by the way they say everything around the racial slurs.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• There has always been that much hate there has just never been such and open forum for it to project one. Welcome to the wide world of networking.
    Anonymous

• I hate yahoo answers because it's full of trolls and teens. I guarantee you that is so much of what the racist stuff is. Just for shock value, if you know what I mean.
    Anonymous

• Im sorry this happened to you. (hugs)
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 3:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• it happens here too just wait and see
    Anonymous

• I hate to say it, but it happens here too. It's the nature of the beast called the internet, unfortunately. Most people just do it to be trolls and to get attention. Mainly because they are kids and they are bored.

Anonymous

• It happens everywhere on the internet. Anywhere that's not extremely policed is prone to it. CafeMom has a team of people that keep the atmosphere pleasant=.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Both Yahoo and AOL have questions with awful,disgusting and cruel comments. I had to stop reading them.Really makes me afraid for the future when you read these comments from young kids, teens, 20's......wow.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Oh my gosh, I'm just so sick of racism. I wish there was a way to make it ALL end. Its so sad. I am not friends with racist, and I do not socialize with racist. We have nada to talk about.
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 4:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2010