Any ideas, tips, suggestions or recommendations on our trip to Colorado?

Spring break is around the corner and we would love to go see some snow we live in Texas I know our kids would love it.

Like how do you dress I mean I know wear a coat but what kind of coats, gloves, hats, shoes I mean I have no idea I just want to be prepared. Thank you so much for filling in me in. Wish us luck...we are so anxious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I live in Colorado Springs and its normally in the 40's to 50's mid March. I would definetly bring a heavy jacket gloves and all the "warm" stuff because in Colorado literally one second its snowing and the next second its super sunny and warm. You never know here lol. What part of Colorado are you going to be visiting? If you are in the Springs area you must visit Garden of the Gods and do the Cog Railroad. Its about a 2 hour ride from the base of Pikes Peak to the summit. You get to walk around the top and then you ride back down the view i AMAZING!!!
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I am in Grand Junction, which is on the western side. If you come this way you need to visit Ouray. It a great little town and has hot springs and is completely lovely all year.
    I agree to bring clothes for colder weather. Make sure to dress in layers. You can always put on or take off a layer if you are cold/hot.
    So where are you planning on visiting in Colorado?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Thank you so much ladies but we are going to "Durango" but after hearing from you guys I just might talk my hubby into going to these other places...hehehe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Well if you just drive two more hours north you will be in Ouray. If you do end up in Ouray, stay at the Box Canyon Lodge. It has it's own hot springs feeding into hot tubs. It has the most comfy beds and the people that run it are so very nice. We were there two weeks ago and it was the best trip to Ouray we have had. They also give you free tickets to the big Ouray Hot Spring pool.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2010