Can i join if i dont have any kids?-im an aunt

lilkimmie

Asked by lilkimmie at 1:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Unless you have custody of the children, I would say no, the site is for moms.
    Anonymous

• question for the admins I guess. you didn't have to be honest about it so i do respect you for being so. if not here, there must be something similar. doting aunts are all around and many of then don't have kids. maybe you are onto something!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 2:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Technically, no, you can't.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 2:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• why couldnt she, I am a mom but my sister is in my childrens life . she does have children, but if she didn't i would love for her to have a site to post questions orr read others comments to many informed resources dealing with kids. if your around children you should be able to find info about any question you may have. it makes her better equipped to take care of little one's. you go auntie...
    AuntieVetta

Answer by AuntieVetta at 3:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I agree with AuntieVetta. This site is super helpful for anyone who deals with children. I know it's called "CafeMom" but just because she didn't give birth to those children doesn't mean she isn't a like a mom to them.
    weberbaby

Answer by weberbaby at 7:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I'm not saying it is right, only that those are the rules. If someone were to report her for not being a 'mom' then she could potentially be booted. Just like nobody under 16 can be on the site, being a mom is a requirment. If I were you, I would just not say anything, then nobody would know the difference.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 7:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I think any woman who has children in their lives should be able to join. Some of the answers and questions, journals, and even polls can be helpful for those who are around children. I know nobody under 16 is supposed to be on this site, but I have seen posts from those younger on here. :)
    mybritt

Answer by mybritt at 9:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Website Access.
    THIS IS A WEBSITE FOR MOMS AND SOON-TO-BE MOMS, OFFERING THEM A POSITIVE AND INTERESTING ENVIRONMENT WHERE THEY CAN CONNECT WITH OTHER MOMS, SHARE INFORMATION, MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND DISCUSS ISSUES OF MUTUAL INTEREST. TO USE THIS SITE AND THE SERVICES OFFERED, YOU MUST BE 16 YEARS OLD OR OLDER. BY ACCESSING THIS SITE, YOU ARE CERTIFYING THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE. USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• As I can see..the access doesn't say anything about non-moms being forbidden from joining. Guess I'm just thinking that, even as an aunt, you can still be a big influence in kids lives. As one poster wrote...this site is helpful for anyone who deals with children...and that would include aunts. With some of the questions, answers and journals I've seen...sometimes an 'outside' opinion would help. :)
    mybritt

Answer by mybritt at 10:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2008