What is a decent bedtime for a tween on the WEEKENDS? (10yr old)

Right now it varies between 10 & 12 o'clock but Im trying to become consistent & need a decent bedtime for him to start abiding by...

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• 10 year old, 10 oclock

• I always heard that it should be the same everynight or within at least 30 min of thier reg bedtime because it can make for cranky kids.

Answer by sandypops at 3:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My 10 year old is in bed by 9pm on weekends. He is very sensitive to changes in his schedule. So if he is up late on weekends, he has a really hard time waking up at the beginning of the school week. He has to be up by 6:30 on school days, so he needs his sleep!

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• 9 pm and don't you tell my 11 yr old anything different!

• My oldest is almost 10 and bedtime is 9pm on weekends (7pm on school me she needs to be in bed that early). During the summer they stay up until 10-11pm every night since they are still outside playing at 9pm.

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My 11 year old has been going to bed at 9:00 since he was 7 years old every night, school nights and weekends. Consistancy is VERY important to him. He is living with autism.

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My 15 y/o still goes to bed at 9:30 every night and is up at 6:30 every morning - consistency is important, and not just because he is autistic, but because it is important for everybody's internal clocks. Getting up & going to bed at the same times every day is less stressful on the body & the brain. DH & I also keep the same routine.

• I try to keep my kids on the same sleep schedule every day. My oldest stays up later at her dad's. She always comes home over-tired on Sunday.

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I dont have a 10 year old but im strict and i think kids should be in bed by 8pm no matter the age unless there 12 and over and i would re think the time to 9pm-12 midnight. I have a 5 and 3 year old so for us 8pm on the dot every single day even on weekends because i want my time to relax and at 8pm DH and i like to watch tv with two kids bugging us and talking, messing around. Or there is a movie they shouldnt be watching.

Answer by aeroslove at 6:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2010