What is a decent bedtime for a tween on the WEEKENDS? (10yr old)

Right now it varies between 10 & 12 o'clock but Im trying to become consistent & need a decent bedtime for him to start abiding by...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• 10 year old, 10 oclock
    Anonymous

• I always heard that it should be the same everynight or within at least 30 min of thier reg bedtime because it can make for cranky kids.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 3:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My 10 year old is in bed by 9pm on weekends. He is very sensitive to changes in his schedule. So if he is up late on weekends, he has a really hard time waking up at the beginning of the school week. He has to be up by 6:30 on school days, so he needs his sleep!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• 9 pm and don't you tell my 11 yr old anything different!
    Anonymous

• My oldest is almost 10 and bedtime is 9pm on weekends (7pm on school nights...trust me she needs to be in bed that early). During the summer they stay up until 10-11pm every night since they are still outside playing at 9pm.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My 11 year old has been going to bed at 9:00 since he was 7 years old every night, school nights and weekends. Consistancy is VERY important to him. He is living with autism.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My 15 y/o still goes to bed at 9:30 every night and is up at 6:30 every morning - consistency is important, and not just because he is autistic, but because it is important for everybody's internal clocks. Getting up & going to bed at the same times every day is less stressful on the body & the brain. DH & I also keep the same routine.
    Anonymous

• I try to keep my kids on the same sleep schedule every day. My oldest stays up later at her dad's. She always comes home over-tired on Sunday.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I dont have a 10 year old but im strict and i think kids should be in bed by 8pm no matter the age unless there 12 and over and i would re think the time to 9pm-12 midnight. I have a 5 and 3 year old so for us 8pm on the dot every single day even on weekends because i want my time to relax and at 8pm DH and i like to watch tv with two kids bugging us and talking, messing around. Or there is a movie they shouldnt be watching.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 6:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2010