getting my son to sleep without his bottle!!??

My son is now 6 months old..and he always just passes out when he has a bottle. I know it's not good for his teeth, but I don't know what to do! Any advice to get my little monster to fall asleep on his own? He doesn't like pacifiers..won't keep it in his mouth. HELP!!

mamalinlin

Asked by mamalinlin at 3:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he doesn't have it in his crib..he just falls asleep when we feed him!
    mamalinlin

Answer by mamalinlin at 3:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it yet. Give him to 1 1/2 years before you worry. I switched mine to water, but they fell asleep with the bottle until they were 2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• As long as you are holding him this is fine at this age! When he is over 1 yr old, then you can start to work on it, if he is still doing it!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• you can try taking it out a little bit before he's compleatly asleep, so he's not actually falling asleep with it, then gradually lengthen the time in between bottle and falling asleep. Also try putting him to bed different ways, like going for a walk or if he'll fall asleep in his swing. You can wait until he's older but I'm letting you know that I didn't and it's been HELL trying to get my 18 month old down for a nap without boob.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2010