Question For Christians! I am going to hell if I don't believe in hell? (I believe in God)

I was raised Christian. I questioned my church many times as a child, through out my teenage years and into my adulthood...when I became an adult I decided to do research on several other religions, some which I like a lot, some that are not for me but still good religions...I also began a personal development journey reading self-help books, spiritual books, practicing meditation and so forth...from all of this I decided that I don't believe in a majority of the Bible...I do believe in God and that He reins over all things but I don't believe in Heaven or Hell...I'm a good person, I treat everyone with respect and dignity. I avoid gossip and I am as honest as possible. Do you think God would send me to Hell just for not believing that part of the Bible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. they will all tell you that you will go to an imaginary place, even if you do not believe it exists.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• If you believe in God why is it so hard for you to trust him and take all if HIS word for what it is. It does say not to take bits and peices. Ask him and go to Him to find the answere.
    Anonymous

• In my religion we are taught that Heaven and Hell are not like people portray....it's more "hell" because you don't get to spend eternity with our Heavenly Father.....that is hell to us...Unhappiness. Heaven is that we are able to be with our Heavenly Father forever. So it's not like a pit that your burning in....I guess it's more metaphorical?...
    Anonymous

• Do you think God would send me to Hell just for not believing that part of the Bible?
    ---------------
    No. I'm with you on one thing. I don't believe in hell either but that's because I do trust the Bible. There is no place of firey torment. Not for anyone. Not even Satan. The 'punishment' is not receiving everlasting life ON EARTH once God's Kingdom comes as promised. Ones will die. That's it. Nothing else.

[I'm a JW]
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure. As a Christian myself, I thought the only thing you could do that would earn you a 1 way ticket to hell, is not believing Jesus Christ was the son of God...or denying that neither God nor Jesus even exist. You might be able to get into heaven by asking for forgiveness for other sins, although I believe murder and crimes against children are unforgivable, but I'm not sure. If you don't believe hell exists then why are you worried?
    Anonymous

• idk. but jehovah's witnesses don't really believe in hell either. they believe only a select 140,000 who have shown to be righteous go to heaven, and everyone else just dies and comes back when the world is reborn. or something like that. correct me if i'm wrong, i've only been to a few JW bible studies. so they don't believe that everyone goes to heaven or believe in hell at all. slightly similar to what you believe.. except for the 140,000 part. but i'm not a JW so don't quote me on that. lol
    Anonymous

• It is an oxymoron to say you believe in God and not in the bible. If you do not believe GOD'S word then how can you believe in God who IS the WORD. See how that works?
    You know the word and what it says about this. the demons believe there is a God and tremble with fear. Anyone can believe in God but not all that believe will enter the Kingdom of Heaven for it says only through Jesus can you have any access to the Father. If you deny Jesus, Holy Spirit , you also deny God and yes that leads you to the wide path that leads you to destruction.
    However only GOD knows the inner most parts of your heart and only HE can tell you where you will go. It is plain in His word and we can choose to obey or disobey. The choice is all of ours.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• So you are familiar with the bible. You are aquitted from our sins at death- Romans 6:7
    Jesus will be coming to ressurect people after Armageddon - John 5:28, 29 and
    The righteous and unrighteous will be resurrected - Acts 25:15
    I dont believe we go to hell after we die because the bible makes it clear that we have paid for our sins and we will have the chance to be ressurrected.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I don't understand how you decide to pick and choose certain parts of the Bible to believe. But to answer your question, it all boils down to whether you believe in John 3:16. Do you believe in Jesus Christ? Do you believe He died on the cross for your sins? Do you believe He rose from the dead? If you don't believe in John 3:16 then you're going to hell.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I believe in a Higher Power but I dont necessarily believe that was the one who put forth the Bible. SO yes you can believe in God or a form of it & NOT believe the bible. The bible is a book written by some men and was then translated a bunch of times & who knows what the original words or meaning really was now? Nobody. You are free to believe whatever you feel like. It always cracks me up that people who believe all the stuff...bible, god, heaven, hell, sin, whatever else you want to add there...decide that the rest of us are most certainly wrong because we dont believe what they believe. Nobody knows for sure if there really is a hell. the only way to know is to die & see if you go there.
    Anonymous