How accurate was the earlier ultrasound?

I will be going in for my first ultrasound next week. I will be 15.5 weeks along at that point according to my LMP. I know that it is possible to tell the gender of the baby at 15 weeks, but I'm wondering for those that have had ultrasounds at that point in time, how accurate was it for you? Was the tech able to get a good, clear view, or was it a best guess? Did it turn out to be true in later ultrasounds, or was there a mistake in gender identification?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It was accurate for me, but I had a really good, experienced tech who knew what to look for. Plus, she got a really good view.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i have bad luck on Utechs. i had mine in 18 weeks. they rushed me and told me they're not sure if its a boy or girl. and sent me away .
    ascora

Answer by ascora at 4:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2010