smoking pot & pregnant

Has anyone smoked it then found out you were preg, and did you quit soon as you found out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i smoked while prego because of nausea.. but the minute i could handle no using it i stopped.. my SIL smoke her whole pregancy.. and nothing is wrong with either of our kids.. mine are actualy pretty smart so it didnt stunt their growth or anything
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• oh good, i just get terrible head aches, my body hurts and i hate taking a lot of tylenol. i mean one in hale does me good. and its been helping my tummy aches... i feel a lil bit better.
    Anonymous

• yes, to all of it. I smoked, not often, but none the less, i smoked it. 2 days later i found out i was pregnant. When i went to the doctor i was freaking out. I didn't plan on getting pregnant, and had no clue how damaged the baby would be by it. And the doctor calmed me down alot. He told me," I'm not telling you to go get high all the time, or even to continue smoking weed, but i've been a doctor for over 25 years, i've had women do it a few times during pregnancy, i've had women do it the whole time threw pregnancy and i've never seen anything bad come from smoking weed while pregnant. But i'm not condoning it either. And if you drink, you can have a glass of wine every now and then or a wine cooler, or a beer, never more than one. And no cigarettes what so ever" and then he left the room. I still didn't like the thought of having the chemicals from the weed go to my baby, so that was it, and i completely quit.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 4:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• OMG are you people f*cking kidding me, YOU CANNOT smoke pot or drink alcohol while pregnant. How selfish are you thinking about your needs over that baby inside of you. Suffer for a few months being a parent is about sacrifice, and also there are MUCH safer methods of fighting headaches and nausea. If your doctor said that he should have his license taken away how awful and stupid of him.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Man, whatever to the last comment. I stopped only b/c my dh didn't like girls who smoked and that was before being pregnant. My cousin on the other hand smoked the whole pregnancy up until her 8th month and her kids are healthy and extremely smart, well advanced for their age.
    Anonymous

• I smoked very few times. A few days before I found out I was pregnant, I smoked. When I found out, I stopped and haven't touched it since and she's 5 months. If I know something can affect my baby, I won't do it.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2010