need help learning how to budge my money!

im overdue on all of my bills and i cant get cought up to save my life!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go to www.mint.com it has helped me tremendously. It is free and will link up with you bank acct.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I am not sure if you do these things but......use cash instead of credit, cut back on shopping for clothes, entertainment supplies or recreational supplies for about 2 months at least. Cook at home and monitor you fast food comsumption. Consider what is vital to your needs before you buy. Hope these little tidbits help.
    Anonymous

• I don't know how far behind you are, but I would start writing down everything you spend money on. That will help you see exactly where your money goes and what you may be buying that you can cut out until your caught up. Even buying a bottle of pop everytime you get gas is and extra expense. Alot of little expenses can add up.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I'd recommend checking out DaveRamsey.com They have basic budget forms there.
    You can also visit the Dave Ramsey group on Cafemom and someone can help you with your budget and you can ask questions.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

• i tried mommiesbudgetbuilding.com and they were so nice and helped me figure out where to put the money..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Make a spreadsheet ... list all your monthly bills ... check them off as you pay them each month.

If you are using credit cards STOP NOW!

On a separate tab, make a spreadsheet of all your charge cards, what their balance is, how much your minimum payment is and when they are due. Sort them by the smallest balance to the largest. FInd an amount you can afford to spend on the CC each month. For example, if all credit cards combined are $480 a month, then budget $550 a month for credit cards.

Pay $5 over the minimum on all cards ... except the lowest balance. Pay whatever is left of your $550 on that. When that card is paid off, you keep the same $550 budget, but go to the next card, etc. etc. until they are paid off.

While most credit counselors will tell you to hit the highest balance first, it helps to see progress by paying off cards and gives you hope that you CAN DO THIS!

Good luck!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 10:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i have NO credit cards just basic bills and my family is jumping down my neck for money i owe them and they want 50.00 a week. I owe 200.00 on gas and electric 635.00 for rent 100.00 for phone. 1000.00 for student loan thats they will start carnishing my check for . plus food, and nessecities when i only get 1200.00 before taxes if im lucky
    olan8809

Answer by olan8809 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2010