do you have a 3 year old in a highback booster?

I want to buy my son his booster seat. He just turned 3 last month. However I am debating on harness or no harness. The harness ones seem just a big as his converter carseat, and i'm looking for something that is thinner. My son is 40 inches tall and about 35-40lbs (last weighed over 2 months ago).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yes i do
    Anonymous

• On no, be aware. The car seat peeps will be here soon.
    Anonymous

• With most high back booster you can use the regular car shoulder belt. That is what i would do.
    Anonymous

• I would still do a 5 point harness at that age, but that is me.
    Anonymous

• most states the rules for booster seats is 4 years old.

I'm just getting my son the seat booster, not the huge high back one.
    Anonymous

• Our state law requires 5 point harness carseat until they are 4 yr, 40 pounds and at least 40' tall. Check your local laws first. I personally would not put a 3 yr old in a booster.
    Anonymous

• the person that posted the question, Just wanted to say to the 2nd poster, yes that is what i'm leaning towards the no harnes and just use the seatbelt to hold him in place. To the 4th poster yep my state doesn't have a age for boosters. But thank you all I kinda feel better i'm not the only one that doesn't want to get a harness for my 3 year old.
    Anonymous

• My almost 4 year old is in a high back booster. Just make sure the seatbelt fits him correctly. My son passed all tests such as fitting correctly, not falling asleep,etc. My son is 36lbs and 44 inches tall. We recently tried him out in a Nautilus and it would only give him 1-2 inches in torso before he outgrew it so..we decided on a booster. Good luck!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I personally choose to put DS who is 4 in the Graco Nautilus with the 5 pt harness. He is 42 lbs and over 42" but that is jmo and choice.
    Anonymous

• He's not old enough. My DD is almost 5 and in a high-back booster. My 3yo is in his same 5pt harness he's been in for a while now, and will be in it til almost 5, if not over 5.
    Anonymous