scared

i am being induced 2morrow and i am really scared and shakey. is it normal to feel this way i feel so sick to my stomach right now bc im so scared, anyone esle feel this way or how did you feel if this happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is normal and quite common especially if this is your first pregnancy. You probably have a lot of anxiety about the induction and are over-thinking it. Try to relax by taking a nice shower and propping your feet up on the couch with a good book or funny movie to get your mind off of it. You will be fine and you will have your baby in your arms tomorrow :) Good luck!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Its completely normal to feel the way that you do. I was very nervous as well but I kept focusing on the fact that I will soon be holding my bundle of joy. Try hard to to focus or worry about the labor just focus on all the positives.. like meeting your little one. You will do just fine!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 5:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I was induced and it was a lot easier than the two other natural deliveries I had. You will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I think one thing about induction is that you have all night to think about it. When labor hits there is so much "is this labor, maybe yes maybe no" and then all of sudden it is labor and you didn't really have the time to agonize about it. You are being induced tomorrow. There is a definite time and place that it is happening and you have waaaay too much time to think about it.

Just try to relax, you'll be just fine. Try to take this time to fit in all of the last minute "me time" that you can. Take a nice hot shower, give yourself a pedicure (if you can reach your feet! I couldn't!) read a book, have a hot cup of decaf tea, and do whatever else you do to relax.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• don't be scared, just remember what you're going in for and then you get to go home with the biggest prize!!!! As long as you keep focused on the end result it's not a scary process. Just remember to take some stuff to keep you entertained between the check-ups and as long as you're busy the time flies. Also make sure to eat as much as you can before you go to the hospital since you won't be able to eat until after you have the baby.
    Anonymous

• thanks you guys, your so helpful! i think the thing im worried about most is pain haha... and what to not expect.
    Anonymous

• I was induced at 40 weeks, 3 days. Doctor wouldn't let me go to 41 weeks. Looking back, I wish I had insisted on letting me go naturally-- I ended up with an emergency c-section after 30 hours of labor. NOT to scare you, but I just had to tell you. NEXT time I will try for a VBAC-- and I will insist on keeping baby in there until baby is ready to come.

BUT be sure you eat as much as you can. Sneak some bottled water in with you--- you'll need it!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 6:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I was induced with all 3 of my girls and had an epidural with all 3 and all 3 went great so dont worry and just relax
    Anonymous

• If there is not a medical a true medical reason to be induced I wouldn't do it, especially if it is your first child, inductions of first children have a c section rate of 50%.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I was nervous but ready to go at the same time. My induction was kind of scheduled at the last minute, so I didn't have more than a few days to obsess over it. I over packed for what turned out to be a six hour labor lol. I was set for an all day all night thing and had DD right before supper, which was good, because I was hungry. If you feel you will not be able to handle the pain, just be sure you request relief early, but be prepared to go too fast for them to do it. At the point where I *thought* I couldn't take it, I also passed the dilation cutoff the hospital had, so nothing but a pudental block for me. Turns out you can handle more than you think though. Yes, it was a lot faster and the contractions stronger than natural in most cases, but it's not a terrible experience, it's just labor in fast forward. Just relax, enjoy your last real night of freedom, and get enough sleep. You will need much energy tomorrow.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 6:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2010