The Show , 19 Kids and Counting.

I saw on the show she has nursed for 20 years. Do you think she is ruining her organs? Do you think she has influenced her girls to have 19 or 20 kids. Since this is a site for moms and we share female issues I just thought I'd ask your feelings about it. Only answer if you don't mind expressing yoru feelings about it. If you don't think it's my business, then with all respect please go to the next question.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 6:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I totally think she is putting her health in jeopardy.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I just wonder what her boobs look like. Eh..
    Anonymous

• When we were 'made' by god or whoever its not as though they limited the amount we could have, nor did we come with c or condoms. i think she is a really great mom, and also some of her girls and boys have expressed that they do want a lot and some say they dont. As long as they can afford their children, have as many as you want. Would you like someone telling you that you could only have one or two?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• What does her nursing have anything to do with the question you asked? Personally I think the pregnancies have put her body and future children at risk, but nursing them has only decreased her chances of breast cancer and given her children a wonderful start to life. Her children will do what ever they want. Personally I think they will opt to not have as many children due to how they are having to raise their siblings so much. My FIL is one of 14 and the most that any of those 14 had was my FIL and one sibling had 4. All the other had less then that and some had none.
    Anonymous

• It isn't so much her health that is in jeopardy she is still able to bear children which is what the female body is made to do, but she is risking the lives of the children she has now or later because of her age. I am not sure how 20 yrs of BFing will ruin her organs. There are wet nurses that do this for that length of time or longer. I think that her children can go either way, want small families because they came from such a huge one, or have a big one because it is what they know. I think that she is able to carry and take care of her kids and that is what is important. She is actually a very healthy woman, and once she stops having babies she will have a much stronger body that most people due to the hormones she has had for 20 years.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• well, she's obviously done some damage to her uterus. Preterm scares with baby #18 then #19 being born at 25 weeks.

as for how many kids her children have, if they are as self sufficient as their parents, it doesn't matter to me how many kids they have.
    Anonymous

• They even say the doctor has told her she shouldn't have anymore because she could die! I think it is crazy to put your life at risk for another child when you already have 19 and now even with this one they just had WAY EARLY they want more... CRAZY.. I don't think she is setting her kids up to think they have to have that many... Her son just said there is no way they want that many they pretty much just want 3 and I think that is great they are not following in her foot steps!!! I hate watching that show because I feel the only reason she is having them kids are because the OLD CHILDREN are pretty much taking care of the rest of the kids.. All she takes care of is the new borns that she has EVERY YEAR... The one episode where they older kids were gone and she had to take care of the little ones she said it was way to hard and she couldn't wait till they got back... You never really see the father do much at all... cont..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 6:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• at all with them.. it drives me nuts to see how they just use the older kids for their jobs, the house work, the raising of the kids, the school work for the little ones. pretty much everything.. IMO..lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 6:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i think it's funny that women hate this woman for how she raises her kids, and on one hand say that abortion is wrong but preventing pregnancy isn't. what if she was on bc and they got pregnant again? would she have to have an abortion bc it could kill her? you can't have it both ways. i think she's a wonderful mother and seems like a wonderful person. we have totally different ideas on life and religion yet i can only look at her with respect bc she does a wonderful job teaching her children how to love their brother's and sister's and help with chores along with "babysitting" these gifts they have. if her children choose to have several children then they are doing what THEY chose to do. their parents will respect and love their children no matter what.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i would imagine that it is extreme stress on her body, but some people are just baby making machines!

i have a friend w 8 kids. after her 7th, doctor told her she should not have any more bc her uterus couldnt handle it. she had one more and everything was fine. who knows if there would be complications if she had more.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2010