Does anyone know how to get rid of a Security Tool?

for free? It keeps popping up that I have viruses but I don't have the code to use it (it was a used laptop). Is there a FREE virus thing I can download to get rid of these??

pink_blue0810

Asked by pink_blue0810 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All u need to do is uninstall it. Google free virus protection.
    Anonymous

• im computer stupid lol. but i will try to see if i can uninstall. thanks:)
    pink_blue0810

Answer by pink_blue0810 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Go to start, then Control Panel & look & click where it says Uninstall programs or something similar like that. Just make sure it loads all the stuff before u click on something so u don't uninstall the wrong thing.
    Anonymous

• Ugh..make sure you uninstall the real thing..because I did this and i accidentally uninstalled the program that lets me burn cds lol

youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 6:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• ok my computer is so f'd up it wont even let me open the uninstall icon or any other icon
    pink_blue0810

Answer by pink_blue0810 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Follow removal instructions at bleepingcomputer.com. They usually know how to remove such infections. I think you will have to use malwarebytes thing and there is also tool called combofix, but I'm not sure. I had similar infection too and had to use combofix I think :) Anyway, read this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-tool. And also this article about Security Tool is a good read. Good luck!

Mikey252

Answer by Mikey252 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2010