Why wont she eat?

My daughter is 13 months she will only eat Mac & cheese, Ramon noodles, spaghetti, raviloi any noodle really mash potatoes, scrabbles eggs, toast, yogurt, any fruit and chicken if we're lucky.. That is all she will eat she WONT EAT peas, green beans, baked beans, corn, broccoli, so no veggies really, cottage cheese, she used to eat pancakes but dosent any more theres other things but im not listing all of them. Im just afraid she isnt getting all her nutrition. She has just become so picky. I know at least she's eating but still its not all the nutrition she should have. Please help!

love2bmom24-7

Asked by love2bmom24-7 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My MIL is firm believer that picky eaters are made. If you don't make her eat it, she's not going to. My 1 year old is the same. She doesn't get enough vegetables and I don't know that I've really figured out how to give them to her. One of my friends hid all the vegetables in yogurt and he ate that.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• you can subsitute cauliflower for the macoroni in mac and cheese. Just cut it small and cook it and pour the cheese over it. :) works every time.

I am having similar issues with my 10 month old DD, she REFUSES to eat off a spoon or let me feed her in any way, because she is a BIG GIRL now and has to do EVERYTHING all by herself! lol. i was so scared that we went to the doctor. She can hardly feed herself, and most of the finger food she will eat, she isn't getting enough of. So I thought she was starving.
    honeybee429

Answer by honeybee429 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• my 19 mo son only wants peanut butter. no bread, no jelly, no eggs, cheese, chicken (really, meat of any kind), fruit, veggies, or pasta. Just peanut butter on a spoon. I'm picking up some V8 V Fusion (the mixed fruit and veggie juice) today and I'm gonna give it to him half and half w/ water (his ped recommended it) and the low sugar peanut butter. It's fricking annoying! I get up at 4 am to make waffles, omlettes, corned beef hash, pancakes, whatever for breakfast for all 3 kids and this dopey little man eats like he's a closet bulemic! He doesn't have a weight issue, but good lord I'm losing my mind.
    On the plus side, I don't really have to cook lunch for him :-) and there's less dishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I would start with getting daily vitamins. That wasy they are getting a good dose of a variety of good stuff. Also try hiding vegetables and fruit in her fav food. Puree carrots, green peppers, or just get creative and stuff those with ground meat in the ravioli. Also try dicing veggies really small and adding to sauce mixes. Also puree cauliflower and add small amount to scrambled eggs. Those taste great. Try homemade smoothies with real fruit and fruit juice. hope this helps. good luck
    Anonymous