Sex, depression at 30

Okay I just had a baby 4 months ago and I will be turning 30 next month. I seem to have no interest in sex as so ever & its really irritating my husband. I don't know why I'm not interested, it seems that I was more interested when I was pregnant. I also feel depressed -unattractive, fat, & old. I don't know what to do just thinking about this makes me want to cry. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe some meds for post pardum and my sex drive goes down after I have a baby and then it just spikes. explain to your husband how you feel and wait. best of luck!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I'm not very into sex with a baby that young either. It starts to get better for me at around 8-10 months post-partem. Good luck. I think it is pretty normal. If you are feeling really depressed, talk to a medical professional. It could be more serious. Try to reassure your guy that you still feel the same way about him, but that you feel different about yourself. Keep the communication open.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• It's your hormones talk to your doctor.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• take your husband with you to go to the doctor and you ask your doctor with him sitting there. may be hearing it from a professional he will back off.
    ScrapbookDiva28

Answer by ScrapbookDiva28 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• are you breastfeeding? the chemical that releases from an orgasm, is the same thats released when BFing.

it could be hormonal as well- talk with your doctor about it.

last advice: the more you do it, the more you crave it... meaning, have sex more and within a few days, you'll crave the sex. does your DH compliment you and stuff? i feel unsexy/fat and ugly when my SO isnt around for a few days and its hard to get back into that sexy-mode.. probably even harder right after having a baby (i wasnt in a relationship from 3 months of pregnancy til DS was about 6 months old).
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 7:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I agree, hormones. The doctor can fix that

Answer by admckenzie at 7:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I agree with scrapbookdiva28-
    It is something that happens to some women and if he's wondering why your not so into it, maybe he doesnt take your answer to heart, a doctor could help confirm it for him! Plus help you figure out if you need something to help you along.

Good Luck, enjoy your new baby! All things will come around soon!
    Anonymous

• First of all, 30 is not old! You are young. You are also a new mom. At four months postpartum it is not unusual to feel tired, uninterested and unattractive. I felt the same way after I had my daughter. Talking to your husband about how you feel is a good way to start. I guess I can tell you all of the normal thing like sleep when your baby sleeps and eat healthy. The extra weight can take some time to take off, but because you are carrying baby weight, doesn't make you fat. If you are feeling depressed, you should talk to your doctor. It isn't easy getting things back to "normal" but if you want it, it will happen. Spend some time for just you.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 8:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2010