Is there ever a good reason to have an abortion?

Personally I am repulsed by the thought of abortion but I am curious of others thoughts because of something I saw on the news.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• rape, incest, in a abused relationship.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• No there is never a good reason to have an abortion and those who will say there are obviously have not seen abortion videos.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Adding to the above, a risk to the mother's life.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• No, never. The whole thing is disgusting and murder.
    Anonymous

• I cant keep everything straight. If we did away with abortions then the poplutation size would double as well as poverty. More people would be complaining about not having jobs to support their children in this rising ecomomy, more people would be on welfare. Yet we still think that it is good to bring children into this world that we can not afford or have because abortion is 'murder'. Adoption is an option, but then there would be way to many kids to be adopted that none would have a home and feel unloved and unwanted. which life would you rather have?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Having the child will jeopardize your health/life.
    Something extremely wrong with the child and carrying to full term could cause harm to both mother and fetus.
    Rape.
    Incest.
    Anonymous

• For me? No. Don't get my wrong, I understand that some women who are raped, etc, cannot fathom carrying the baby. Or if they are told their health is in danger. but for me, no, there is not a reason.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• for me any reason a mother decides to is a good one. it's her body.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes.

However, if you are against abortion, then you definitely should not have one.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes. Like it or not about 1/3 of all women will have one at some point. The good thing is that you get to choose for yourself if there is ever a good reason for YOU to have one.
    I agree it is disgusting, but I also don't feel like I can choose for someone else.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2010