Would you rather pay more money for your meal instead of paying tips to crappy waiters/waitresses?

I'm tired of waiters/waitresses who feel they are entitled to a nice tip even though they have crappy attitudes and do half-assed jobs. I would much rather pay a couple of extra bucks for a meal, so that these "entitled" waiters/waitresses can get minimum wage, and tips can be OPTIONAL and not expected.

How do YOU feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I would rather spend more money on a meal and get better service than eat at a chain resturant and get crappy service. Believe me you can tell the difference from a Applebee's waitress and a Smith and Wolkensky waitress. The level of service is 100xs better because the management's reputation is dependent on excellent service.
    im23vaughn

Answer by im23vaughn at 5:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Tips are optional, if the service suck you don't tip, so why pay more for the food that is silly.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• If they have a funky attitude then they get a funky tip, or not tip and the manager would know why before I left.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I hate tipping...just the act of it. It kinda pisses me off because it's just one more thing to think about.
    To be honest, if my waiter/waitress does a crap job, then I don't tip.
    Anonymous

• I don't pay a tip if I get bad service. My mom was the best waitress in the world and she taught me that. She got great tips bc she was great. It confirms the theory to reward good behavior and ignore bad behavior. The bad wait staff will cut that crap out if they don't get tips.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I think its strange to feel obligated to pay a tip. A tip is a mark of good service.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• OP

I agree with you all!! But everytime someone comments on tipping, the moms on cafemom who are (or were) waitresses always say that the tips are figured into their income, so they are NOT optional. And if you don't tip, then you are cheap and have no class.
    Anonymous

• I've had very few bad experiences with servers. My husband and I are also very friendly to them. It does pay.
    Anonymous

• I've been a waitress and it was never figured in to my income. I got paid $2.35 an hour I think it was plus tips...
    If my service was bad, I expected that I would either be told I wasn't doing job, or no tip, no smiles, no friendliness. Tips are always welcome, but weren't expected for me. I worked in a small town and I honestly enjoyed visiting with the people that came in to eat with us.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I used to tip this waiter/bartender at this club in HI. Everytime that I went to the club he would remember me and have my favorite drink waiting for me before I even made it to the bar to order. I think that when the service is good, the tip should represent appreciation. I never tip for poor service.
    Anonymous